Monday, October 3, 2016

Skibby sent the following email on Monday, October 3, 2016:

Date:  October 3, 2016 at 10:32 AM
Subject:  End of my first transfer???

Amada Familia Mia,

What?!?!? How did that happen? I've entered my second transfer in the field. It's really weird how time passes.

We were able to listen to 3 of the 4 sessions of conference, and the women’s session. We watched them in the church on the big screen. I watched it on the ipad with earphones so I could hear it in English. We watched 2 of them real time. 6:00 pm here was morning sessions at home. I really love conference. There isn't a time I've loved it or valued it more. I really wanted to bring lots of investigators to watch it, but nobody ended up coming. It was hard for me to walk on the streets and look at all the people who have no idea what an amazing opportunity there is to hear the words of true apostles and prophets who teach the words of God! There can't be anything more important than that. I'm having a hard time deciding how to impress upon our investigators the importance of what we're telling them. I don't want to scare them away, but it's also a big deal, and I don't want to tell them it's fine when it's important!!

The things that stood out for me during conference were: 1- we need to have a rock solid knowledge of the doctrine 2- how to increase/keep the faith 3- The incredible importance of prayer (and what you can do with the will of God) and 4- how sacred and important the sacrament is. I think all of us (well at least I do) fall into the groove of things and are comfortable with where we are and what we're doing, and don't have the desire to improve. So these things feel repetitive. I'm really going to work on putting more thought into my prayers and the sacrament.

Other ideas for aspiring cooks:
1- princess pasta sauce on potatoes (I know- it sounds weird)
2- cinnamon roasted/candied peanuts -- I've only ever had it with almonds. cr peanuts have changed my life.

Other facts about Spain-
1- Everyone has a dog or two, and there are constantly people walking their dogs in the streets. I have yet to come across a dog more happy, cuter, or better looking than Cubby. Please send him my regards.
2- Spanish people really like bread. There's a joke here about Latin America always eating rice, so they say they eat "rice upon rice." Well, there are a lot of people here who are from South America, but they've also adapted to how they eat here in Spain. So when we eat meals we eat rice upon rice, bread upon bread, and potatoes upon potatoes...

We've had some good lessons this week.
We talked to Edgar again. He feels like we are obligating him to read. But I really like Edgar because he's very sincere and honest. Adriana is 19, and evangelist. We've taught her the first 2 lessons and she is reading the bom. We saw her on the street the other day and she was "gospelizing" with her friends. I really hope she will come to know the truthfulness of our message, because she is already really religious and loves God.
Rosa- Her mother died in August and she feels a lot of remorse. I'm hoping we can help bring joy back into her life!!!
CARMEN WILL BE BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY!!!!! CARMEN IS AMAZING

Ok, that's all I've got for now. Love and miss you all. Have a great week. Thank you for your continual support and love.

Hna skib

No comments:

Post a Comment