Monday, August 15, 2016


Skibby sent the following email and pictures on Thursday, August 11, 2016.  My notes are in italics.

Date:  August 11, 2016 at 7:03 AM

Hola familia!!

Well this week was another good one. The park was amazing. I was with hma Cummings.  We were walking on a path and I looked behind me to a different path and saw a lady walking away. I said, "I kind of feel like we should talk to her," and the next thing I know, hma Cummings has whipped around and is running after the lady. So we went. She had a dog and we tried to make small talk but she gave us the famous Spanish finger wave which means go away, and we left. Walking back, we saw a guy with a restoration pamphlet. We tried to talk to him about it, but couldn't really understand what he said. We left, but then decided to go back and understand what he was saying. He was with a girl and was borrowing her phone.  So we talked to her. Maria, age 15. She came to the park that day looking for guidance or direction or answers or something. I don't know what because I can't speak or understand Spanish.  But she was so receptive and so ready. We gave her a bom, and shared the first vision and Moroni 10:4-5 with her. That's my first time for a real person. It was awesome. There's no way God didn't make that happen because there were so many variables that would have changed that outcome way too easily. God answers prayers. Also we got a referral here. Our whole ccm got 32 referrals that day. I hope it makes a difference in their lives.

Every day we go to the park or anywhere for p-day, we ride the metro. We pass a sign that says it takes one to change the world, or something like that. It's a good reminder. I love the metro. Today we went to the palace real which was incredible. Incredible. We saw 24 of the 2800 rooms there. Paintings, tapestries, chandeliers, silk walls, thrones, ancient paintings on every ceiling. You name it, they've got it. Unless it's ac.  Then they don't.

But even more amazing was the metro ride there. I met a lady from Brazil working as a cleaning lady. Her name was Vanusa. I gave her a bom and got a referral from her. God must have prepared her, because she was so nice to me. Most of the people on the metro laugh when we talk to people because no one talks to each other. I love it though.  What's the point of being there if we're not going to talk?

So we missed our metro stop talking to Vanusa, but it was good because my companion and I got to ride the metro without a flock of white shirted boys with ties following us everywhere. It was refreshing.

People play instruments everywhere on the streets. How about that?

How are Cubby and Bernard ["Bernard" is the bonsai tree Nate gave Skibby last Christmas.]?

OK, time’s up for this week. Talk to you next week!! The church must be true because miracles happen every day!!

Much amor,
Skibby

Last week we went to the Prada. The Prada. The famous museum. It was cool. Goya is a famous artist. We saw some of his paintings in the Prada, and some today in the Palacios Real!!!  A real palace. The picture of the trees and buildings (below) is taken from a lookout point at the palace.
Que guay!!





(Uno.  Number of people necessary for changing the world)


No comments:

Post a Comment