Date: July 10, 2017 at 10:53 AM
Subject: When it rains, it pours
The pros and cons of the week.
-We found Libia and Marta.
-Libia was avoiding us. But we had been camping outside her piso a few times. And we'd just decided to leave, but then we saw a little white head walking over to her piso. Haha! That was a miracle. So we ran over there and talked to her and got everything straightened out.
-That was the 4th of July. We bought some watermelon for the jovenes [young boys] when we played volleyball
-We taught Gabriela English and she is really awesome! She had read a little in the -Book of Mormon and came to church on Sunday.
-Marta. We decided to stop by again even though she never picked up the phone. Woohoo! She was there, and her phone hadn’t been working. So we've been going to visit. We brought flowers and played Uno. And shared some spiritual thoughts.
-Thursday we went and did a service project moving houses.
- We taught Ivonne and her kids the plan of salvation and the Gospel. Ivonne says when she comes to church she feels warm and comforted and protection. Like someone is hugging her.
- We met some rappers on the metro. They were really good. They just made everything up on the spot. I was gonna join in with the ukulele, but I don't have one, so I couldn't. We saw them the day later in the metro. They're from Barcelona and were only here for a day, but they asked me a question after rapping about my name, and I shared the Book of Mormon with them. They were like, "wow, they don't teach you that in school (yeah cuz all schools are catholic)" and they kept the book.
-IT RAINED SO MANY TIMES THIS WEEK. And it hailed. It was really fun.
- We lost Libia again. We almost got her to have a phone. So we'll just have to find her again and activate the phone
- We didn't eat the watermelon.
-Gabriela said she wouldn't come back to church. We are teaching her English and the restoration on Tuesday.
- We missed a lesson with Marta, but we'll find her again this week.
- The service project took 4 hours longer than planned just because the truck didn't come to load the moving stuff. But we talked to a girl named Marline for awhile.
-There is no one on the streets when it rains..
Anyway, it's been a good week. We feel like we see little miracles every day. I'm grateful to be serving a mission and to sub in sacrament meeting when no one can play the piano. I know the time we have as missionaries is precious. I'm trying to use it wisely.
Hope everything went well with the fourth of July. In 2 days I complete a year. That is what we call in Spain a maravilla [wonder]. Un año de maravillas y momentos incómodos. [A year of wonders and uncomfortable moments.] Woohoo!!
Have a great week!
|Skibby with her companion, Hermana White|
|The Rain in Spain!|