Monday, May 29, 2017

Skibby sent the following email on Monday, May 29, 2017.  She is currently serving in the city of Madrid with two "green" Chinese-speaking companions.  This is challenging for her.  Last week, Skibby told us that her mission president had instructed her and her companions to focus their missionary work in Usera, one of Madrid's 21 districts.  In my email to Skibby yesterday, I asked her if Usera was like Madrid's version of San Francisco's Chinatown.  She answered in her email below.

Date:  May 29, 2017 at 10:40 AM

Hola a todos!!

I hope everyone is doing well and is happy! It's been another week of ups and downs and hurrying from one place to the next. It is hard enough to get myself on time to everything, let alone 3 of us.

I don't have anything really exciting or interesting to say, but I will do my best.
We put a whole bunch of hearts on Miriam's door for Mother's Day on Saturday and she was really happy. I am teaching her daughter piano. She won't be baptized in the near future. 

We met an evangelical named Aaron in the street who was very informed on his anti-every-theory-except his-own. I thought I handled the situation very well, but my companions said I was respectful but needed to calm down. But they don't really understand Spanish either. I don't know. He cited 1 Corinthians 15:29 to say that baptisms for the dead was an abomination.

We had a mini intercambio [exchange] with the b9 [Barrio 9; a barrio is like a ward] hermanas. Hna Tang stayed in b3 and we went to b9. It was really nice. I think it's nice for them to have some time in a companionship.

Eating cheese brought here from Bolivia was probably the worst decision I could have made last week. I learned a lot about the consequences of agency this week.

Usera is China town. I am trying to learn.

We traveled to teach some chinos. We're working on setting up Skype for them.
Love and miss you all!


Hna Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment