Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Skibby sent the following email on Monday, May 8, 2017.  She is in a 3-person companionship right now, and her 2 companions are Chinese.

Well, this week has been a little bit rough for me. Hna Tang and Leong are still learning the language and they're both fairly new in the mission, and they don't know the area, so I feel like a lot of things have just been falling on my shoulders. In the lessons they don't understand what the investigators are saying and I am having to do the starting and finishing of all lessons and looking for places and trying to figure out the best plan of the day, and I just feel like it hasn't been that fun. I want to receive revelation and know what the best plan is and how we can use our time most wisely, but sometimes I just don't know. I'm trying to figure out what my role is supposed to be this transfer with them. I know the gift of tongues is real, but I don't know if I'm supposed to be learning Chinese or not. They are called to speak Spanish. But I know I'm really blessed to be with them and to learn from them. I just hope I can be a good example and still have fun and feel like I'm fulfilling everything I am supposed to be doing! We visited the only Chinese member here last Saturday. He is a less active. We also visited an investigator named Julio. I didn't understand anything. I did have contact with Oscar Friday night. I called him again and finally he answered. He apologized for not answering before. He said he moved to Usera [another district within the city of Madrid] and that we needed to talk. We called him Saturday and he didn't answer. We'll call him today and see what happens. 

We visited a fair amount of members this week. I need to get better at visiting members because we always spend more time there than I would like to. We have some really good members here and I wish I knew how to develop better relationships with them. 

We are going to try to start Spanish classes for those who speak Chinese. We made fliers and are going to distribute them. We'll try to play badminton despues [afterwards]. Apparently that's a big thing in Asia.

We are visiting a familia of peruanos [Peruvians]. The wife is less active. I think it must have been after several years after her baptism though, because she doesn't remember anything. We taught them how to pray the last time. They don't have the custom of doing it. It's crazy for me. I don't even remember learning how to pray. I feel like it's just been ingrained in me that that's something you have to do. 

I think we can email around one next week? I mean Skype? It will be 9pm my time.


Love you! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment