Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Skibby sent the following email on Monday, March 20, 2017.  She has her 20th birthday coming up on Saturday, March 25th.  I found a cute picture of her when she was about 2 years old, and I will include it at the end of her email because I think goes with the description she wrote of herself at the end of her letter. :)

Date:  March 20, 2017 at 10:50 AM
Subject:  Fortunately, unfortunately

Hello Folks!
How is everything going?!
This has been a strange week. Oscar is awesome. He is so prepared. The elders told me Victor is doing really well. Here are the haps:

Today, Hna Hinton finishes her mission.

Fortunately tomorrow I will receive my new companion. 

Unfortunately I have to spend the day with Hna Webster.

Fortunately, I actually really like Hna Webster, so it's been a great couple of hours.

Unfortunately we spent those hours taking her companion to the airport.

Fortunately, I also got to see Hna Mendoza there.

Fortunately, today is festivo and the obra misional planned an activity for all of the members that was really sparked from my idea to play futbol.

Unfortunately, THEY PLANNED IT THE DAY FOR TRANSFERS.

Fortunately, there were so many people there and so much fun going on, and so many potential investigators and investigators and members and everything.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to go..

Fortunately, our investigators and potentials I'm sure still had a good time and we'll get to see them later.

Unfortunately, right now I am very nervous. This next transfer is going to be one of the best and biggest and probably hardest stepping stones of my mission, because

Fortunately, I am training.

Fortunately, I will get to meet her tomorrow.

And Fortunately, I know we are going to work so hard and kill all routines here.

Fortunately, Barrio 3 is an amazing barrio.

Fortunately, I am really excited to have this opportunity.

Anyway, that's about it for now. If you have any tips or moral advice, I am open to anything and everything you have to offer. I love all you guys. I love God, and I love talking to people who also love God. There are so many people and so few missionaries, and we've got to do our best to find all the people who, like Oscar, are ready and willing to hear the Gospel.

Have a great week, and good luck with everything!!!
your favorite sister missionary serving in madrid spain with red hair, blue eyes, and freckles that is on the brink of leaving the teens. -- if that doesn't narrow down the options, I don't know what will..


ALSO HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOTHER AND FATHER. I guess you guys really are the founders of the dream team because without you guys I wouldn't exist. Love you and am forever grateful for your examples of faith and faithfulness in the gospel. viva the dream team!!
... red hair, blue eyes, freckles ... and absolutely precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment