Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Skibby sent the following email on Monday, December 19, 2016:

Date:  December 19, 2016 at 8:24 AM
Subject:  Feliz Dias Antes de La Navidad

Amada Familia.

Hope everyone is happy and well!!

This week we had a Zone Conference in Pavones. Man, I know that Presidente Pack is a man of God and truly inspired. It was especially designed to help me. It was all based on faith and how we can increase and maintain the faith. We talk and talk and talk about faith here. But faith is so personal and has to be kept and built upon each day to survive. It can be very, very strong, but also it is fragile.

Right after the zone conference we contacted Yihad in the metro station. We sat down next to him and just started talking. He was really nice. We ended up talking to him for a long time. He is from Morocco and so is Muslim. But he was really friendly and helpful. We were headed in the same direction, but eventually we had to depart. He asked if we could write down his number or something and talk with him in another time. THAT is a miracle because he asked us to write his number down, and he is Muslim. I know that God works according to our faith. Miracles only cease because of the unbelief of men (see Mormon 9).
It is up to us to keep the faith and let God work through us.

We sang again at Sol.

We are still doing ilumina el mundo and I hope all of you are doing it too.

I'll talk to you all next week, so I feel like there's not much else I can say here.

We all bought the Elders in our district presents. I got a plastic dinosaur, a candle, and candy from the usa. I'm going to pick up your package this afternoon.

Love you all.
Have a very merry Christmas eve!!

hna christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment