Thursday, October 20, 2016

Skibby sent us the following email on Wednesday, October 19, 2016:

Date:  October 19, 2016 at 8:17 AM
Subject:  IT REALLY RAINED IN SPAIN

Hola from Europe!

This was a great week people! I hope it went well for all of you!

Last Wednesday we had a dia de Espanidad. Apparently it’s a holiday in Spain. We had an activity in the church, and everyone brought different food from their paises. Then they danced, and talked and it was a really fun time. It was raining all day long that day, and everyone in the streets had umbrellas. I love umbrellas. Rosa came and ate two plates full of food. Honduras, Ecuador, Bolivia, Dominican Republic, Guinea, Spain, and more. I have pictures, but they're on my camera and I don`t have time to switch them over to here.

As lessons go, I'm going to write down everything that happened this week very carefully and send it next week.

We had a capacitacion de zona on Tuesday. Mostoles is relatively small, but, if you look on the map, our area covers a bazillion puebles south and west of this little city. We talked about having to cover all of those pueblos. So basically, we’re trying to spread our area of influence because my companion and I spend too much time in just a few streets. There are always people, but we need to reach the pueblos too. So, I’ll let you know how that goes. We take buses to the pueblos. The drivers are generous on the brakes. But I love the pueblos. When we’re not lost there without water.

We also talked about Helaman 5:12. I’ve recently realized the importance of this scripture a whole lot more. I realized that my rock definitely needs to be Christ (what an insight, huh?). But, Jesus Christ is the center of everything. I’ve been noticing how important he is to every single thing we teach, and how important it is that I carry his name over my heart. I love you all. Jesus Christ is the reason we are here, and the reason we can celebrate for eternal life to come.  What are the three most beautiful words in the English language?... Dad, you nailed it..

Love you, and hope you have a great half a week till we can talk again on Monday!!

your fav
skib

(Note:  Skibby’s question at the end of the second to last paragraph, “What are the three most beautiful words in the English language?” is a reference to something that happened more than 25 years ago when Peter and I were dating.  One Sunday at church, he handed me a little homemade card with that question printed on the front.  I fully expected to open the card and find the words, “I Love You” written inside—a tender profession of his feelings for me.  But instead, he had written, “He Is Risen.”  I have to be honest.  It was a bit of a letdown for me at the time.  But Peter actually did "nail it" with his answer and, after a few years, I got over it.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment