Thursday, June 22, 2017

Skibby sent the following email & photos on Monday, June 19, 2017:

Date:  June 19, 2017 at 10:34 AM
Subject:  It’s a mad, mad, mad, mad world

Hello family!

Well, It's been a crazy week. And when I mean crazy, I mean crazy. Actually, it wasn't that crazy. I just was thinking about how in that movie, there are a bunch of people running around like crazy not really knowing where, but with a clear purpose. That's how I felt this week. I have no idea where anything is, and we've been running around all week like crazy. And also the heat. It is a killer. Spain is like a heat wave.

B6 is situated in a place called Moratalaz [another district of Madrid]. It just happens to be on line 9 of the metro, which includes... Pavones! Remember how I told you every time I went to Pavones I felt like I was going home? Well now Pavones is home. We live a 3 minute walk from the temple. My companion is Hermana White. She's from Arizona. She's really awesome! 

Monday we talked to a ton of people. We were supposed to go to a family home evening, but they canceled so we were able to talk to a lady called Lionela and her daughter Noelia. But they haven't answered us yet.

Tuesday, we went to talk to a ton of people in the morning. We ran into this guy named Jose Luis who was seated on a bench. We taught him a little bit and then walked to the metro together. After going past 2 metro stops, Hna White decided to remember that she had forgotten her tablet on the little bench. So we ran back there as fast as we could, but it was gone. But It's ok because she only had her tablet, dni, credit cards, Temple recommend and all important documents in it. I sat there on the bench trying to think of something rational to do while Hna White threw a fit and wished that everyone that passed by would just come and bring her tablet. So we prayed a lot. And we went around looking for a little bit. Then we wanted to go home, but we also knew that Heavenly Father knew exactly where her tablet was. So we prayed and looked some more and then headed for home. And that's bad luck because that tablet had our entire carpeta de area on it. While we were eating, our phone rang and a lady told us she had found her tablet and had to do something first, so she took it home and just had the chance to call us. She found our number on one a card that we tried to give out. So that was a great miracle for us. I know God works miracles and I know that we had this experience to test our faith and grow our testimonies. So we recovered everything and Hna White took some of her important things out of her tablet and put them somewhere else.

The rest of the week we spent visiting Marta at the hospital (she's taking care of someone that is now in the hospital), and other people here and there. We met a lady named Francy who I had actually met earlier on an intercambio [exchange]. She is really awesome and has the desire to come closer to God, but it's hard for her. And we talked to a lot of people. We talked to some atheists who offered us some cigarettes. We politely declined. They said they only believed in what they saw. I thought, how shortsighted that is. It makes it seem like none of history even took place. Or any news that happens in the world, if they haven't seen it, they shouldn't believe it. I am telling you, if there's one thing they should believe in, it's that smoking kills. It is posted all over the place. For all to see. I remembered asking Carmen when she knew the bom was true, and she said, "as soon as I read the testimony of the witnesses, because they can't lie". I think it's so much better to have faith than to just believe in what you see. It really limits the perspective.

I love you all! Sorry this letter is so boring. I have lost any sense of humor I used to have. Luz should be baptized this Friday. I don't know if I will go. Have a great week and keep me updated.

Hna Christensen 
View from our kitchen window [Madrid Temple]

Skibby, Francy, Hna. White (Skibby's new companion)

Hna. White & Skibby

Skibby wrote:  "metro poster sign--do they have these in the US?"

No comments:

Post a Comment