Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Skibby sent the following email and photos on Monday, February 6, 2017:

Date:  February 6, 2017 at 10:25 AM
Subject:  Me voy [I’m going]

Dear Familia,
I didn't think it was ever going to happen, and now that it has, I'm not really sure what to do. 

I LEFT MOSTOLES

 Now I am in Barrio 3. My companion is Hna Hinton. She is from Colorado. We did intercambios [exchanges] here in barrio 3 so I've been here 4 times already. Things are going to be really different, but I'm sure I will love it here and I'm really pumped to be able to start anew in a barrio and help the best that I can, now that I know at least a little bit about being a missionary. I believe barrio 3 is the smallest area in the mission. Lots of metro time, which is good because I'm setting a goal of talking to someone every time I step into the metro. Woohoo!

Obviously I'm a little sad because Mostoles is my home, and Hna Quispe is my sister, but I will have to get over it for now. A million things have happened, but I can't think of them right now so I will have to write them for you next week. 

The elders here do not know how to make travel plans. We carried my suitcases to Pavones and then back when it would have been so much easier to come straight to b3 and then to Pavones. Hombres! I do not know how to pack a suitcase. Either I only packed bricks or somebody dumped a whole bag of rocks in my suitcases porque pesan mucho [because it weighed a lot]. I wish you guys (Heidi and Peter) had been here to pack everything:);) broma [joke]
Luckily there were lots of nice people who helped us up the stairs.
Well, I wish I could write more, but you will all have to wait until next week. Sorry!

Love,
your favorite,

Hna Christensen






No comments:

Post a Comment